Deutsche Invest Mittelstand
We invest long-term in small- and mid-cap companies within the DACH region in which we can create sustainable value through an active investment approach.
In December 2017, DI Mittelstand took over all shares in vosla GmbH (Plauen). With its 220 employees, vosla develops and produces highly innovative lighting solutions “Made in Germany” for renowned customers from the global automotive industry, shipping, railway, aviation and medical technology. vosla.com
In September 2018, DI Mittelstand acquired all assets of EMDE Bohrtechnik Group. EMDE is a provider of drilling tools for the special construction sector. Moreover, the Group manufactures high-quality machinery and components for notable customers from chemical, soda and potash industries worldwide. The Company engages c. 200 employees in Nentershausen and Staßfurt.
DI Mittelstand is a member of the Deutsche Invest Capital Partners group (DICP) and focuses on special situations investments within the SME sector. It follows a sustainable, long-term investment approach which combines transaction finance and operations know-how.
DI Mittelstand is an investment company with a focus on small and medium-sized firms in the DACH region with revenue and profit improvement potential. As an active investor, DI Mittelstand supports its portfolio companies with capital as well as operational and strategic know-how to ensure sustainable and profitable growth.
From the outset, the investment approach of DI Mittelstand combines the realization of operational improvement potentials along the value chain with the best possible exploitation of growth opportunities.
Both innovation and growth initiatives – especially also buy-and-build initiatives – are pivotal aspects for which additional capital can be provided. DI Mittelstand follows a situations-driven investment approach and therefore has no specific industry focus.
Via its shareholders and advisory board members, DI Mittelstand has access to an international network of over 200 professionals in 15 locations across 11 countries (thereof 2 locations in China) as well as to an excellent contact network consisting of top decision makers from the business world, politics and relevant associations.
Typical investment situations:
- Carve-out of companies or business units considered non-core business.
- Changes in shareholder structure and/ or succession solutions.
- Need for external know-how to actively manage situations of change.
- Support for a management team looking to acquire a company (management buy-outs and management buy-ins).
- Insolvency cases.
Company size and situation:
- Low profit or, in some cases, loss generating companies with operational and strategic improvement potential.
- Sales volume typically between EUR 20 to 300 million.
- Place of business or significant activities in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
Type of holding:
- Majority holdings.
- Qualified minority holdings with significant rights.
- Equity tickets up to 20 million Euro
Get in Touch
Taunustor 1, 60310 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
+49 69 247504816